Learn more about Pollen Filter - operation method, diagnosis, causes of faults and replacement intervals.
Cabin filter removes contaminants from the air entering the passenger compartment. It is an element of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system.Types of cabin filters
By way of purification:
By the material of the filter element:
The part is filter element enclosed in a plastic frame. The latter can be mono- or multilayer. Mechanical cleaning filters (anti-dust) have a single-layer core. Air passes them through a special paper and is cleaned of mechanical particles. In the multilayer filter paper plate elements are interspersed with activated carbon, which is capable of absorbing odors and toxic gases.Operating cabin filters
The item needs to be replaced regularly. Terms of the planned replacement are usually found in the technical documentation of the car and, depending on the vehicle model may vary. As a rule, the efficiency time of the filter in the recommendations of car manufacturers is measured as one or two years (20 000-60 000 km). But many motorists prefer to change it more frequently: every six months or every 10 000-15 000 kilometers. In any case, if you notice that the itemhas lost functionality, replace it: the purity of the air inside the car affects health.Faults of cabin filters
- deformation of the body;
- contamination of the work surface;
- end of service life;
- damage to the filter element.
- there is an unpleasant smell in the cabin;
- windows begin to fog up;
- temperature regime is difficult to regulate;
- air flow enters the interior of the car with difficulty;
- outside odors begin to penetrate into the interior.
- service life has come to an end;
- vehicle often drives on dusty roads;
- mistakes were made during the part installation;
- a filter element is exposed to moisture or oil;
- working surface was damaged.
You can detect filter malfunction easily by its appearance. However, it is best to just take a habit to regularly change the cabin filter without having to wait until its condition becomes critical.Replacement of cabin filters
Repair of cabin filter is not done. Replacement of parts can be easily carried out on your own.
First do not forget to cover the interior with a protective material. Then remove the elements that impede access to the filter (it is usually enough to pull out the glove box). Then remove the filter housing and remove the item. In the case of using a removable cartridge, separate filter element and a frame. Install the new filter.
Sometimes the design features of the car make independent filter replacement difficult. In this case, it is better to consult a service shop.Why buying a new cabin filter is best in the online store AutoDoc?
- Reasonable prices. The cost of items in our online store is affordable and regular discounts, promotions and free shipping make purchase even more profitable.
- Great service. Our experts are ready to advise you on all the nuances of the order and help to find the right spare part, and the speed of delivery will surprise you.
- Top quality. We work only with reliable manufacturers of spare parts and offer you reliable and durable components.
- A wide range of parts. You will not find this variety of auto parts you are interested in anywhere else.
AutoDoc: do not look for parts anywhere else - all is there with us!
Safe Order 200 days
Best price guarantee
А convenient app for buying car parts
Car repair videos