Body Parts, Lights, Mirrors car parts - all important information about operating method, mounting, diagnostics and service life
The car body is a part of a vehicle, designed to accommodate driver, passengers and cargo. Besides, it provides active and passive safety of driver and passengers.Car body types
According to the structure:
- Body-on-frame. It is a construction to which such elements as engine, axles, transmission, steering system, suspension are attached. It is the frame that takes most of the load during operation of the vehicle.
- Monocoque. This car body construction allows distributing the load between such major elements of the vehicle, as bottom, frame, body panels, roof.
According to material:
- Steel. Steel with low carbon content provides high level of mechanical durability, is characterized by endurance in the manufacturing of complex constructions, high maintainability.
- Aluminium. Car bodies of aluminium alloy are characterized by reduced indexes of weight, by resistance to corrosion, are easy in treatment and manufacturing. But it should be noted that they are inferior to steel car bodies in such characteristics as endurance, noise isolation and maintainability.
- Advanced composite materials. Bodies made of kevlar, carbon fibre and glass fibre have high strength and low weight ratio. But it takes long time to make them, the production is expensive and requires a high-tech base, the elements when damaged can not be repaired.
- Front longeron.
- Front shield.
- Side panel.
- Trunk access panel.
- Centre console.
During vehicle exploitation the heaviest load falls on the car body. There are several factors affecting the condition and good functioning of the car body. These are operating conditions, the quality of road surface, engine operation, transmission and gearbox. In absence of moisture and without serious traffic accidents car body should serve for 10-15 years without repair. If during the year the vehicle overcomes more than 35-40 thousand kilometres, the service life of car body will be 8-12 years without repair. In order to avoid problems with the car body it is necessary to carry out anti-corrosion treatment of hidden areas and bottom. Regular visiting the car wash service, use of special sprays and polishes, rust stain removal, treatment and painting of scratches and chips will allow you not only to be satisfied with the appearance of the car, but also to provide the car body with a long service life.Car body damages
- corrosion of the car body;
- varying degree of changing the form of separate parts;
- cracks in the welding points;
- sagging door;
- creaks, vibration and knocks of deformed or loosely seated parts;
- deformation of the door and window openings;
- screw nuts and bolts breakage;
- deterioration of paint and anti-corrosion coatings;
- destruction of amplifiers and connectors of individual panels;
- cracks in pillar connections;
- warping of panels and shifting of longerons when overloaded;
- deformation because of the accident.
There are not many reasons that may make you think about the repair of the car body: the time, the environment and traffic accident. If the accident was light and the car body parts were not damaged significantly, repairs can be carried out independently. This does not mean that the process will be easy or inexpensive. Independent work requires specific training: at least you should have spare parts available and in the best case you should be in possession of experience, skills and knowledge of repairs. If the time, operating conditions or other traffic accident participants were merciless to your car, the best option would be to apply to a specialized service. Professional mechanics will carry out the necessary repairs and replacement of parts quickly, efficiently and for long time. They will help you to solve problems of varying complexity, from the processing of the car body up to its complete repair.It is convenient to work with us
The search of car body parts on our website will not take you much time and efforts. Enter the brand and model of the car body, choose the product you are interested in and buy it! With us you can buy inexpensive spare parts online in just few minutes. If you have questions, support service staff is always ready to consult and help you. To buy car body parts online is easy, fast and profitable!