Heater car parts - all important information about operating method, mounting, diagnostics and service life
Heating and ventilation system is used to create the microclimate in the vehicle. Its main function is to regulate and maintain the optimal temperature for driver and passengers. The system also provides purification and filtration of air, supplied to the cabin.Types of heating and ventilation system
- The air handling system. It is used on most economy and middle class vehicles. Adjusting of the air temperature and humidity in the cabin is carried out by the driver manually using the toggle switches and knobs.
- The climate control system. Special software provides control of the climate in the cabin. The driver has only to set the required parameters, and, using electronic sensors, the system automatically measures the temperature and humidity in the cabin and adjusts it to the specified level.
Air enters the system from the outside by means of fan. Next the air passes in the air duct through condenser and evaporator and then is supplied into the cabin. Two pipelines are connected to compressor: high and low pressure pipelines. It should be noted that the system is filled with a special coolant, which role is often played by freon.
When we press the air condition button the drive of the crankshaft begins to escalate the pressure to the compressor. Freon is compressed and pumped into the condenser where it is liquefied and cooled under lowering of the pressure. The fan blows cold air in the salon during coolant boiling. Next the coolant is filtered in the receiver-drier, and the cycle repeats again.
Heating the air is a little bit easier. The compressor delivers the air to the radiator, where it is being warmed up. Next, the heated air passes through the air duct and into the interior.Tips for operating the system of ventilation and heating
- It is not recommended to disassemble elements of ventilation and heating of the cabin, especially hermetic ones, without proper qualification. Freon leak in the pipeline during depressurization can cause system failure, significant damages to health and the environment.
- It is important to remember that the reverse mode of air circulation should not be used more than 30 minutes. This will lead to increased humidity in the cabin and misting of windows. If there is damage of the wiring the humidity can cause oxidation of contacts or circuits.
- In winter period it is necessary to activate the air cooling of the cabin every few weeks. This will not let the coolant to stagnate in the piping.
- no heating or cooling of the air;
- lack or insufficient level of pressure of air circulation;
- breakage or short circuit of sensors;
- compressor drive failures;
- jamming or damage of the damper;
- Fan`s motor failure.
- violation of the temperature regime;
- unpleasant smell when turning on the ventilation;
- extraneous sounds during operation of the system;
- inability to adjust the flow of air.
- not following the rules of system exploitation;
- wear of separate system components;
- infringement of tightness of pipelines;
- looseness of air damper fasteners;
- clogging and contamination of cabin air filters;
- clogging of pipelines of the salon ventilation system;
- circuit or burnout of the wiring of the system;
- mechanical damage.
It is quite possible to carry out minor repairs of the car heating on your own. These can be the replacement of the fan of the ventilation system or replacement of the cabin filter. The latter is to be replaced after the mileage of 20 000 km, in difficult environmental conditions - after 10 000 km. You can also check the condition of wiring on your own.
One should take into account that it is not recommended to carry out any work with hermetic compressor system. The coolant in it is gas freon the leak of which can bring significant harm to the environment. The refuel of gas is to be carried out every 1-2 years. The long-term influence of freon on the human body can worsen chronic heart and respiratory system diseases, allergic reactions can also occur. Problems with the heating system must be corrected only by professionals with the help of special tools.Advantages of cooperation with us
- wide range of spare parts for all brands of cars;
- Convenient search of details;
- online support service for customers round the clock;
- affordable cost of spare parts;
- free delivery of goods;
- guarantee provided for all kinds of spare parts.
Find the right spare part and order it right now. Now you can quickly and simply buy cheap spare parts on our website.