- Fitting Position: Rear Axle
- Shock Absorber System: Twin-Tube
- Shock Absorber Type: Gas Pressure
- Shock Absorber Design: Telescopic Shock Absorber
- Length 2 [mm]: 369
- Length 1 [mm]: 526
- Shock Absorber Mounting Type: Top pin, Bottom Pin
- Diameter [mm]: 45
- Quantity per Axle: 1
- Thread Size: M10x1
- Stanchion Tube Diameter [mm]: 15
- Observe technical data:
- Condition: New
Learn more about Shock Absorber - operation method, diagnosis, causes of faults and replacement intervals.
Shock absorber is a device that absorbs shocks and blows of wheels, suspension and car body by converting mechanical energy into heat stroke. The component ensures not only comfort, but also safety of movement.Shock absorbers types and construction
- Hydraulic. oil is used as working substance.
- Gas-charged. Nitrogen is pumped into the system at high pressure which prevents oil foaming.
By construction design:
- Twin-tube. Their advantage is the simplicity of the shock absorber construction. Disadvantages are fast heating and foaming of the oil that degrade the quality of operation. Shock absorbers have a working cylinder disposed in the housing tank part. At compression time the piston connected to the rod moves down, forcing out oil from the working cylinder into the case. When working on a release the opposite effect occurs.
- Monotube. The above mentioned disadvantages are absent, but the damage to the case leads to the shock-absorber breakdown. The case performs the role of a working cylinder. The floating piston divides the shock absorber in 2 chambers: nitrogen is pumped into one and oil into the other. Shock absorption is carried out due to gas compression.
Life cycle of car shock absorbers depends on the quality of road surface and driving style. It should be taken into account when choosing a speed rate.
With proper operation the part should be diagnosed every 20 thousand kilometers. Cold can incapacitate even the new part, so it is strongly recommended to check its performance in the early spring.
After a long stay, experts advise to drive the first 10 minutes at low speed to warm up the hydraulic fluid and restore the flexibility of the suspension.
In case of oil smudges appearance in the wheels you should immediately contact a service center.
It is recommend to store shock absorbers in vertical position, wherein the piston rod must be set up.Shock absorber faults
- deformation of the parts;
- seal leakage;
- valve failure.
- body swaying;
- increased stopping distance;
- the vehicle goes into a turn at a lower speed;
- knocking and other sounds appear while driving;
- uneven tire wear;
- the presence of oil smudges on the part;
- vehicle “dips” during acceleration and braking.
- poor quality of road surface;
- aggressive driving style;
- untimely service;
- temperature drop;
- impact of dirt and chemically active substances;
- lack of oil in the reservoir;
- failure of the components.
Current models of shock absorbers are undismountable. The item must be replaced in case of failure, the shock absorber repair is not carried out. Breaking one shock absorber requires replacement of the other on the same axis. You can replace them by yourself. To do this, follow these steps:
- remove the wheel;
- disconnect brake hoses, if necessary;
- dismantle the upper strut mountings, and then the lower ones;
- remove the spring using special pullers;
- put the new part in place of the old one and perform the above steps in reverse order.
Our company will save you time, because you can order any item in just a few clicks. We constantly run special promotions and offer discounts on products. Besides, the possibility of free delivery will further reduce your costs. you wish to clarify some information – our technical support employees are always ready to answer your questions and help you make the right choice. Do not forget that all the products have quality guarantee. Buy spare parts with Autodoc!
Safe Order 200 days
Best price guarantee
А convenient app for buying car parts
Car repair videos