- Spanner Size: 16
- Outer thread [mm]: 14
- Thread Length [mm]: 19
- Spark Position [mm]: 3
- Thread Pitch [mm]: 1,25
- Electrode Gap [mm]: 1,0
- Connector type: Gewindebolzen M4
- Tightening Torque [Nm]: 28
- Number of Poles: 4
- Tightening angle [degrees]: 90
- Condition: New
Learn more about Spark Plug - operation method, diagnosis, causes of faults and replacement intervals.
The spark plug is an important component of the ignition system. The function of this part is the formation of the spark needed to ignite the fuel mixture in the engine cylinder.Types of spark plugs
By type of material used:
- Brass or chrome-nickel.
According to the number of electrodes:
- With two or more electrodes.
According to heat rating:
- Cold (20 and above).
- Medium (17 to 19).
- Hot (11 to 14).
- The case resistant to damage.
- Contact nut.
- Contact head made of steel wire.
- Isolator, which consists of a high percentage of alumina.
- Grooves. used for preventing the appearance of the spark on the surface.
- The central electrode.
- Side electrode - a supporting element to generate a spark.
- Sealant. Responsible for the mechanical and electrical connection of the contact head, the insulator and the center electrode.
- Two seals that provide gas-proof chamber.
- Heat-washer. Responsible for the transfer of heat from the combustion chamber to the body.
The service life of the part depends on many factors:
- quality of parts;
- operating conditions;
- the condition of the cylinder-piston group;
- feature of the mixture.
Replacement of sparks, under optimum conditions, will take place in 30-60 thousand kilometers. Regular sitting in traffic jams, bad mix, disruption of the power system reduce the period of operation. To extend the life of parts it is necessary to use high quality fuel and conduct regular inspection.Spark plugs failure
- cracks and chipped insulator;
- wear of the working surface;
- the appearance of traces of carbon deposits on the electrodes;
- violation of the optimum value of the distance between the electrodes;
- the destruction of the case.
- increase in the percentage of CO in the exhaust gas;
- increase in fuel consumption in the health of other systems;
- when idling strong vibration of the engine appears;
- complicated start of the engine (it does not work when the starter is started or after a long work of starter);
- a significant loss of engine power;
- the engine does not reach the desired RPM;
- wet spots on the sparks;
- engine wobbles.
- the discrepancy of the glow;
- mechanical damage of the insulator;
- the use of low-quality fuel;
- badly worn motor;
- continuous operation of the motor at idle;
- excessive load on the engine.
Repair of spark plugs is not carried out. If at the time of diagnosis deposits, traces of oil, dark deposits are discovered replace the complete set.
The plan of action to replace the spark plugs:
- Lift the hood and secure it.
- By means of the compressor clean the surface of the engine from dust and debris.
- Release access to the spark plug wells by disconnecting the high-voltage wires.
- Using the spark plug wrench, unscrew the parts.
- Inspect wells for oil or debris.
- Install new spark plugs, tighten with the wrench.
- Connect the high-voltage wires.
- Start the engine to avoid detonation.
- We have a large selection of products.
- for each part we offer a guarantee of quality.
- Order and pay for goods in a few clicks.
- You can always save money by taking advantage of discounts or special offers.
- In any situation - expert assistance of technical support team.
Safe Order 200 days
Best price guarantee
А convenient app for buying car parts
Car repair videos