Steering car parts - all important information about operating method, mounting, diagnostics and service life
Steering system of the car is one of the most important systems of the vehicle. Its main purpose is to ensure the direction and trajectory of the movement of the vehicle that the driver has selected and started.Steering system apparatus
- Steering wheel. It allows transferring the direction selected by the driver, through the steering column to the steering mechanism. It informs about the quality of the road surface, tyre traction, driving conditions and driving type.
- Steering column. It connects steering wheel to the steering mechanism. It can be adjusted in height and length, as well as anti-theft lock.
- Steering mechanism. Increases the impact of the driver on the steering wheel and transmits it to the steering gear.
- Steering gear. It transmits the amplification of the steering mechanism to the wheel and provides the required ratio of the angles of wheels rotation. In order to reduce the power of the driver’s impact on the steering wheel, the steering system construction is completed with the steering amplifier. It is placed in the steering gear block.
- Steering wheel.
- Steering column.
- Propeller shaft.
- Torque sensor.
- Electric power steering.
- Steering gear.
- Tie rod.
- Tie rod end with ball joint.
Like many systems, devices and mechanisms of the car, operation and service life of steering system depend on the conditions, driving style, adherence to terms, requirements and recommendations of the manufacturer. Besides, no less important factor affecting service life of this system is the quality of lubricants, quality of details and timely technical service.Signs of steering system failure
- knocking during steering system operation;
- leakage of working fluid;
- significant steering wheel vibration;
- extraneous sounds in the steering amplifier;
- difficulty or impossibility of steering wheel rotation;
- increased steering wheel clearance.
- worn-out condition of transmission pair ("gear-rack");
- worn-out condition or destruction of the bearing of the steering shaft;
- infringement of tightness of steering mechanism;
- worn-out condition of the ball joint of tie rod end.
- low quality of the road surface;
- expiration of service life of the system;
- disregard of the rules, service life and recommendations on exploitation;
- use of low quality working fluid and components;
- unqualified repair and technical maintenance of the system.
Checking the technical condition of the steering system is an obligatory requirement for every driver. Daily, when the engine is started, it is necessary check the condition of the bipod fasteners, steering wheel rotation, the condition of the limiters of the maximal wheel rotation angles, clearance in the tie rods, in the joints of the hydraulic amplifier if it is installed. The following should be controlled during technical maintenance:
- fastening and locking of bipod nuts, ball studs, pivot levers;
- fastening and tightness of junctions and parts of the hydraulic amplifier;
- free steering wheel and tie rod joints rotation;
- condition and attachment of the propeller shaft;
- kingpins and lock washers condition;
- tie rod joints and kingpins connection clearance;
- tightness of propeller shaft wedges and nuts;
- fastening of crankcase of steering mechanism, kingpins wedges, steering column;
- tightness of steering amplifier system;
- angles of the front wheels mounting;
- lubricant level in the amplifier reservoir.
Problems in the system operation do not always mean the necessity of replacement. It is possible to restore the condition of certain parts. Chrome covering and polishing will help you to restore the pin of the bipod shaft. In order to restore the bearing housing in crankcase, you need another bushing. Cracks and breaks on the crankcase attachment flange can be eliminated with the help of welding. If the tie rod bending is disrupted, the situation can be solved by correcting the bend in the cold condition. If the repairs have not solved your problem, professional diagnostic and replacement can not be avoided.Steering system replacement
Elements that get worn out quickly and in higher degree than the others, have to be replaced by new ones. These are:
- wheel worm;
- roller shaft;
- ball studs;
System parts’ replacement, as well as their repair, should be done by professionals. Applying to specialized service, you get qualified help, quality of work carried out and service life guarantee. There is no dispute that this option is more expensive, but people's live is not a reason to save.Advantages of working with us
On our website the highest quality spare parts at the most affordable price are presented. Now to buy a steering mechanism is quickly and profitably. Visit our online resource and see the prices for the steering mechanism yourself. We are happy to please you with the convenience and ease of the site usage and of making the order. Find the necessary part, buy it, arrange the delivery and enjoy your long-awaited purchase. Fast, convenient, high quality -enjoy buying auto spare parts!
- Packing Type: Tin
- Capacity [Litre]: 1
- Oil: Full Synthetic Oil
- Manufacturer Release: MAN M 3289
- Oil - manufacturer recommendation: BMW 81 22 9 407 758, Fiat 9.55550-AG3, Ford WSS-M2C 204-A, MB 345.0, Opel 1940 766, VW G 002 000, VW G 004 000, ZF TE-ML 02K
- Condition: New