Learn more about Strut Mount and Bearing - operation method, diagnosis, causes of faults and replacement intervals.
Suspension top strut mount is a part of a shock absorber by means of which it is attached to the body. Its function is to damp the shock coming from of the shock absorber in the direction of hood and trunk.Types of suspension top strut mount
Suspension top strut mount is a rubber-metal element, consisting of:
- thick rubber gasket;
- bearing (in the front shock absorbers);
- protective seal;
- upper support washer.
The state of this part must be checked regularly. The manufacturers claim that it can last for 1.5-2 years. However, failure to comply with the requirements for the vehicle operation, frequent off-road driving or road irregularities often shorten this period to a few months. Symptoms of the strut mount breakage are similar to the signs of other components and systems failure, so only an expert can give an accurate conclusion about the state of the auto part.Faults of suspension top strut mount
- wear or cracking of the rubber component;
- bearing wear;
- rusting of metal components.
- difficult vehicle handling when cornering;
- distinct clattering when the wheel gets in a pothole;
- vibration of the steering wheel when driving on poor-quality road surface;
- violation of the specified camber angle;
- premature wear of the tread pattern.
- Installation of low-quality components;
- Ingress of water or dirt on the part;
- Operating in a critically low or high temperatures;
- Regular driving on roads with low-quality surface;
- ignoring the service time of the components;
- failure to comply with the rules of the vehicle operation.
Top strut mount repair is rare. If the rubber component is cracked, bearing is worn, or the gap between the mount and the retaining washer is more than 1 cm, the part should be replaced. For this you should do the following:
- Loosen the strut mounts and the brake hose.
- Remove the nuts from the fastening to the body parts.
- with extreme caution, pull the strut assembly.
- Fixing the mount, with the help of pullers compress the spring.
- Unscrew the nut from the central rod, remove the strut assembly.
- Disconnect the top mount from the spring seat.
- Replace bearing (you need to use a new bush and special lubricant for the bearing treatment).
- Place lower washer, then the bearing, protective seal, upper washer.
- Repeat the steps in reverse order to assemble the strut and mount the shock absorber.
- Large selection of necessary parts. In our catalog you will find the top strut mounts from different manufacturers.
- Reasonable prices. You can not only choose the auto part, but also to buy it at a reasonable cost.
- Free shipping. Choose, buy, and we'll take care of the spare parts delivery to the indicated address. We will do it with pleasure and without additional cost.
Place an order today, and you will want to buy from us all the time!
Safe Order 200 days
Best price guarantee
А convenient app for buying car parts
Car repair videos