Drive Shaft and CV Joint car parts - all important information about operating method, mounting, diagnostics and service life
Drive wheel of a vehicle powertrain is a structure which transmits torque directly to the wheels and provides their rotation. Features of the drive wheel and its characteristics depend on what wheels receive the torque.Types of drive wheel systems
- rear-wheel drive;
- front-wheel drive;
- four-wheel drive:
- Classic with a transfer case;
- on the basis of front wheel drive;
- with rear engine design.
- drive shaft;
- constant velocity joint:
- snap and thrust rings;
- 6 balls;
- When driving a rear wheel drive car it is necessary to avoid a wheelspin. This can cause uncontrolled skidding.
- A front-drive car requires a smooth start of the movement. Excessive loading of the drive wheels can cause premature wear of velocity joints.
- Driving all-wheel drive car requires more attention in high-speed cornering. Different directions of wheel traction at maneuvering can cause uncontrolled skidding.
- In case of skidding the cars with different drive wheel types require completely different action algorithms. Driving the front wheel drive car it is necessary to increase traction by pressing the gas pedal. In such conditions the rear wheel drive system requires releasing of gas pedal. In case of skidding the four-wheel drive vehicle requires precisely dosed traction or complete release of the gas pedal and its pressing without interval.
- damage or wear of drive housing;
- failure of constant velocity joints;
- mechanical damage or deformation of the drive shafts.
- jerks at the start of the movement from the place;
- extraneous sounds in joints;
- oil stains under the constant velocity joint while downtime of the vehicle;
- beat or vibration of the drive shaft;
- visual damage and deformation of the drive shafts;
- free position of the drive shaft between the joints.
- use of low-quality constant velocity joints and lubricants;
- loosening of axle fasteners and constant velocity joints;
- wear of joints;
- lack or insufficient amount of lubricant in the system;
- mechanical damage or wear of duster;
- getting of dust, dirt and foreign objects into joints;
- low quality of the road surface;
- aggressive driving style.
It is necessary to remember that repairs are not carried out if there is a constant velocity joints failure. You only have to replace them. The entire mechanism of the constant velocity joint has to be changed entirely, because its components match exactly to each other. If you need to replace the joint balls it is necessary to replace the whole set of 6 pieces.
Drive wheel repair should be carried out only by professional mechanics. It requires special knowledge and special tools, including car lift.
Out of all drive wheel components only housing can be replaced in case of damage. In this situation you have to clean the joint and fill the oil. In case of drive shafts deformation it is strictly prohibited to continue their usage.
Drive wheel system diagnostics should be carried out after mileage of 70 000-80 000 kilometers. It is recommended to do diagnostics after 50,000 kilometers mileage if you have an aggressive driving style or frequently drive off-road. Diagnosis is carried out on the stand using a computer. The condition of constant velocity joints, snap and thrust rings and drive shafts rotation are evaluated. After accident or mechanical damage it is recommended to carry out the complete replacement of the drive.Advantages of working with us
On our website you can quickly and easily buy drive wheels spare parts. A wide range of parts and convenient choice will allow you to find everything you need in just 5 minutes. Make an order and arrange the delievery free of charge. You will be pleased not only with reasonable prices, but also with guarantee for all spare parts. Do not forget that you can always ask our support service any question you have. Use the opportunity to buy the necessary spare parts quickly and cheaply online. Buy with us!
- Inner diameter 1 [mm]: 27,00
- Inner diameter 2 [mm]: 84,00
- Height [mm]: 105,00
- Material: Polychloroprene (Neoprene)
- Version: FlexBoot
- Part number of the recommended special tools: 190135
- Part number of recommended accessories: 25993
- Condition: New
- Outer gearing wheel side: 38
- Internal Teeth, wheel side: 27
- Number of Teeth, ABS ring: 45
- Seal Diameter [mm]: 59,5
- Outer diameter [mm]: 98
- Joint Type: CV Joint
- Machined: with groove in inner part (inside)
- Thread Size: M16x1.5
- Condition: New