goods for exchange £ 27.14 Pledge (incl. 20% VAT) is NOT included is refunded to the customer by the return of the used part
When buying the spare parts marked as “exchange part” it is necessary to pay not only the value of the spare part itself but the amount of surcharge as well. According to the European legislation, surcharge is the amount that the manufacturer requires to pay as a guarantee for returning the old spare part for refurbishing and reuse. The refund of the surcharge amount is made upon the return of the used spare part. Payment of the surcharge is made only if the items are produced on the territory of the European Union. The amount of the surcharge is determined by the supplier of spare parts. Therefore, the same part provided by different suppliers can be offered with a certain surcharge amount or it may have no surcharge at all.
Simple return procedure
Autodoc GmbH (Retoure - Lager R)
How it works
- You pay for the new part and the surcharge.
- You receive the new part.
- You prepare the used part for shipment (drain the fluid from the part, if any (this requirement does not apply to batteries)).
- You make the request for the return of the used spare part in your personal account at Autodoc.co.uk
- The used spare part should be placed in the box of the new one, which you received. Enclose the invoice that you received with the letter after placing the order. This will speed up the processing of your request.
- You have to send the old part in proper condition to the following address: Autodoc GmbH (Retoure - Lager R) Rhinstraße 132 12681 Berlin Germany
- We send the used spare part to the manufacturer for the examination.
- As a rule, processing of your order takes 6-8 weeks from the moment of arrival of the shipped spare part in the warehouse. We inform you of the examination results.
What is the procedure of refunding the surcharge in case of the positive examination result?
We refund you the surcharge in the same way as you made the payment, or by crediting it to your Autodoc.co.uk client's deposit account.
How fast should the used spare part be sent back?
The used spare part should be sent within one year from the date of purchase of the exchange part.
What happens if the examination result is negative?
We inform you about the refusal of refunding the surcharge. The examined exchange spare part is stored at our warehouse for 2 months. Upon your request, the product can be returned (the return is made at the client's expense). Upon expiry of this period, we dispose of the spare part.
What is the return policy?
- Delivery of a used part is made at the expense of the customer.
- Even if the order includes the Safe Order option, return of the used spare part is also carried at the expense of the customer. In case the customer refuses to provide the manufacturer with an old spare part, the surcharge amount is not refundable and is considered by the manufacturer as compensation.
- If the used spare part has heavy damages, cracks on the body, the surcharge is not refundable.
- In case of return of a used part of a different category, surcharge is not refundable. For example, a generator was purchased, but a starter was returned instead.
- In order to receive the surcharge, you can send a similar item purchased from another manufacturer. For example, a brake caliper BOSCH is purchased, and the TRW brake caliper is returned.
What categories contain exchange parts?
* The instruction is for information purpose only. Each case is considered individually (each spare part undergoes an individual examination by a manufacturer).
Brake caliper return criteria:
- The core part must match the purchased product.
- The core part must be complete.
- All caliper guide pins, fasteners, connecting and bleeder screws must be present.
- The core part has no excessive corrosion damage.
- The core part is not cracked or machined.
- Only core parts that are suitable for reprocessing can be taken back and credited.
- The label on the packaging must not be soiled, missing, or have any extra marks or writings.
- * The instruction is for information purpose only. Each case is considered individually (each spare part undergoes an individual examination by a manufacturer).
- Bosch, Elstock, GKN parts must be delivered in their original packaging. If not sent in the original package, the part cannot be accepted. This is supplier's requirement.